Thursday, June 10, 2004

Interesting Title

I just got a copy of Eternal Feminines: Three Theological Allegories in Dante's Paradiso by Jaroslav Pelikan. I don't know when I'll get a chance to read it as I have a pretty heavy reading list already for this summer, but it looks intriguing. Pelikan is no Dantista but he is a brilliant scholar who has fruitfully gone outside his own field (the History of Christian Doctrine) in the past. Has anyone here read the recently reprinted Williams book yet?

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

FYI Biola people, we have the Pelikan book in our library. It does look interesting--I picked it up and was hoping to use it as supplementary reading for our Dante class, but wasn't able to squeeze it in. If anyone else has read it, let me know if it's worth making time for this summer. My summer list is, I think, going to be even longer than my normal school reading load, but I do want to make Dante a priority.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home